This post is about 20 relatable things for students of the University of Ibadan.
1. When you are at the gate and you hear “Kuti, Bello, Sik”
To pronounce “Zik” na issue for those cab drivers
2. When you are staging a small protest and you hear “Abefele”
Nobody wan face SDC abeg
3. When your G.P remains 0.1 to enter 6.0 or 4.6
It must enter by force
4. Whenever CHE157 result is released
All those 100 level big boys go come humble
5. When you manage to score 43/100 in mathematical analysis
That “prove that 1+1=2” nonsense course
6. When you realise your Student Union Facebook
group is dominated by people that graduated 4-5 years ago
You people should leave us alone na
7. When you are passing through Zik-Tech road (aka Zik Westside)
Especially when rain just fall finish
8. You at Jaja.
Doctor: How are you feeling?
You: I have headac…..
Na malaria e dey always be
9. How people beg you for WiFi password
Abeg, e get one assignment like that wey I wan do.
10. A typical conversation in UI
If you are reading this post, Na you o
11. When it’s election time and someone that never talks to you starts to greet you like “Good evening my brother”
Na now when you wan contest for house secretary you just dey see me?
12. How the photocopy people mob you when you go to SUB with a folder in your hand
They don’t even care what’s inside the folder, you must make photocopy
13 When the Hall Weeks start
Best time in school tbh
14. How people show up at Indy and Zik Halls’ Ewa Night
How this food wan take go round like this
15. How KDL looks like at the beginning of the semester
Who get time for Kenneth Dike
16. How KDL looks like during exam periods
The fear of tsunami is the beginning of TDB
17. When you see someone toasting a girl at KDL
Na the book wey you come read be that abi
18. When you are going through the book of life and you’re seeing people with 0.5,0.6… GP
How come, you no go class at all?
19. When Tsunami carries your Girlfriend
It can pain
20. When someone tries to tell you their school is better than the University of Ibadan
UI: First and the best.